Why should you choose mediation?
Mediation offers distinct advantages
Time and again, Cynthia Mohiuddin has seen mediation work for couples in divorce. There are lots of reasons:
- Compared to contested divorce, mediation resolves issues more quickly
and more privately in a way that increases the amount of control participants
have over the outcome.
Divorce can leave both men and women feeling helpless, powerless, and scared. Mediation is a proven way to help both parties regain control of their lives.
- Mediated divorces are typically much quicker than contested divorces. It is not unusual for a litigated divorce proceeding to take a year of your time before it’s ever heard by a judge; Mediated divorces can be final is as few as three months.
- Mediation can also conserve assets. Most families don’t have $1,000 to $3,000 sitting in a bank account waiting to pay for the legal services and administrative costs a contested divorce generates. Those bills cause a lot of stress at a time when the family is likely split into two households that both require financial support. In contrast, a mediated divorce can cost less than $2,000.
- In mediation, all parties are likely to find lots of validation for their positions – something they can’t expect in a contested divorce.
- Mediation is far more client-driven than contested divorce.